FORUM THREADS SEARCH

Legacy >
Dinesat 8 with Dinesat 10 Server (Closed)

Posted: 10/4/2015 2:24 AM
Our station is planning to upgrade from Dinesat Radio 8 to 10. In the transition we want our Dinesat Radio 8 workstations to access the new Dinesat Pro 10 server. From the Dinesat 8 manual (section 15.2. Hardata hdxServer and Dinesat Radio Configuration) it seems this is supposed to work.

I'm testing this on 2 virtual machines on one host, a Win 7 "server" with Dinesat 10.1.3.2 installed (though not yet licenced), and a Win XP "client" with Dinesat 8 (using a dongle).

From the client a browser can access the server's Remote Tools on port 5306, so I'm pretty sure there's no firewall issue - this works with either the server name or IP as well. But nothing I can do seems to make Dinesat 8 see the Dinesat 10 (HDX??) server. I've tried the IP address in the name field, and the server ID number in the port field.

Has anyone actually made this work?

Greg Segal
Posted: 7/14/2017 3:01 PM
  • R.E.L.
  • ID:

Our station is planning to upgrade from Dinesat Radio 8 to 10. In the transition we want our Dinesat Radio 8 workstations to access the new Dinesat Pro 10 server. From the Dinesat 8 manual (section 15.2. Hardata hdxServer and Dinesat Radio Configuration) it seems this is supposed to work. I'm testing this on 2 virtual machines on one host, a Win 7 "server" with Dinesat 10.1.3.2 installed (though not yet licenced), and a Win XP "client" with Dinesat 8 (using a dongle). From the client a browser can access the server's Remote Tools on port 5306, so I'm pretty sure there's no firewall issue - this works with either the server name or IP as well. But nothing I can do seems to make Dinesat 8 see the Dinesat 10 (HDX??) server. I've tried the IP address in the name field, and the server ID number in the port field. Has anyone actually made this work? Greg Segal

- 3CR Community Radio

I'm sorry, but is impossible to connect to Dinesat 10 from D8. You can import all the D8 content to D10 Server.

Good luck!

Dell Vostro 5590
Posted: 7/14/2017 3:01 PM
  • R.E.L.
  • ID:

Our station is planning to upgrade from Dinesat Radio 8 to 10. In the transition we want our Dinesat Radio 8 workstations to access the new Dinesat Pro 10 server. From the Dinesat 8 manual (section 15.2. Hardata hdxServer and Dinesat Radio Configuration) it seems this is supposed to work. I'm testing this on 2 virtual machines on one host, a Win 7 "server" with Dinesat 10.1.3.2 installed (though not yet licenced), and a Win XP "client" with Dinesat 8 (using a dongle). From the client a browser can access the server's Remote Tools on port 5306, so I'm pretty sure there's no firewall issue - this works with either the server name or IP as well. But nothing I can do seems to make Dinesat 8 see the Dinesat 10 (HDX??) server. I've tried the IP address in the name field, and the server ID number in the port field. Has anyone actually made this work? Greg Segal

- 3CR Community Radio

I'm sorry, but is impossible to connect to Dinesat 10 from D8. You can import all the D8 content to D10 Server.

Good luck!

Dell Vostro 5590
Posted: 1/5/2020 4:06 PM
  • ActualityFM
  • ID:

Hello,

I'd like to move all the data imported from Dinesat 9 to 11. Is it possible?

I hope you understood my query.

Thank you

Transfer data from Dinesat 9 to Dinesat 11
Posted: 1/6/2020 12:49 PM
  • R.E.L.
  • ID:

Hello,

I'd like to move all the data imported from Dinesat 9 to 11. Is it possible?

I hope you understood my query.

Thank you

- ActualityFM

Hello, You can make a backup of Dinesat 9 and restore to Dinesat 11. Please keep in mind you must change the name and location of the Dinesat Database at MS-SQL.

Dell Vostro 5590

RSS Atom